The Planted Tank Forum banner

Heater Hiders

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Catie79 
#1 · (Edited)
So my tanks are in my room, but as it is the basement of the house the temperature can flux quite a bit. Thus all of my tanks have heaters in them 1) to keep the temperature constant 2) Because I have tropical heat loving fish (betta in one tank, tropical community in the other) that being said I hate the look of heaters... especially in something as small as a 10 gallon. I just feel that they can and do ruin the look of a perfectly serene scape.

So those of you who have heaters in your tank..how do you hide it? Is there some magical out of tank heater perchance? I really am thinking about just making a sump for my tank purely so I don't have to stare at the heater! So before I jump right into that whole mess...what do you guys do?

#2 ·
I hide mine behind driftwood or plants. I use the Aqueon heaters which are black and blend in with my black backrounds anyway.

#6 ·
I have a piece of slate that I drilled full of holes, angled in the corner effectively making a triangular box. My intake and heater are behind this, and with the plants in front it blends in nicely. Acts as a great pre-filter to keep the plants out of the intake. I built it to keep my plec off of the heater, as he suffered a rather severe heater burn a couple of years ago, and I thought I was going to lose him.

#8 ·
i lay mine down on the gravel with something infront of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.