The Planted Tank Forum banner

Rainbowfish in a planted tank

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rolo 
#1 ·
I have been reading about keeping Rainbowfish and they do not recommend keeping Rainbowfish with CO2 over 20ppm. They recommend 5-15. If you have been keeping Rainbowfish what is your CO2 levels please?

#2 ·
Hi-
I had praecox rainbows in my tank with Co2 at 20ppm and they were fine. I recently traded them in for some tetras. The rainbows were such pigs, they wouldn't let anyone else eat! But they are beautiful fish, and if I ever set up another tank it would definitely be a rainbow tank.
I found them to be quite hardy fish. They were my initial set-up fish.
You should get some!

Heather

#3 ·
When I first started keeping fish tanks 8 years ago, a pair of rainbows where my first fish. I was horrible: did 10% water changes every month, had only a cheapo UGF (so filter non-existent), and got kinda lazy feeding them. In the same tank many of my other fish died. These two rainbows I kept for two years in perfect health.

Don't worry, now things are WAY different. Point is, they are very hardy fish. But I have to agree with hchance, they were pigs at feeding time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.