The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cyano's nearly gone, now what's this?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Knetter 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I've been trying to find out what kind of algae this is, but I can't dig up anything about it. They look like little tufts of algae connected by long, thin strands. Here's a pic:

#4 ·
It looks like dead cyano decomposing and releasing nutrients so other algeas can use those. If this algea is hairalgea it's a good sign :? , your balance is turning back...

#6 ·
Don't become too excited right now, i'm not really sure...I have had b.g. cyano too, and after a while the dark-green-blue color became a light-green color and the cyano started to vanish away. Maybe lowering your bioload and start using more CO2 will help...

#8 ·
yeye, i have the same problem, maybe we should start an "Sponser our tank"-forum :D ...I'm wondering how much fish you have. I've had b.g. cyano too, after a while they turned to light-green color and started to vanish away. I have an DIY CO2 system (if what you call a "system" :s) but i think this is not enoegh to provide my tank. Now i'm fighting these algea with a blackout. Tomorrow i will know if they are gone...Start to save money for the pressurized CO2, it will surely help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.