The Planted Tank Forum banner

New 125G Tank

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  RyUGuy 
#1 ·
Now do I want to do a HUGE planted tank or Saltwater?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It's going to look great there. I went 150 gal fresh, 65 tall marine. I used to have a 100 gal reef, right at the bottom of the stairs,much like yours. More salt water = more expensive. My wife once suggested that I just float money in the tank and cut out the hassle of trying to maintain sea life!

#3 ·
She sounds like a keeper Steve.

:smile:

OP: you are offering this choice on The PLANTED Tank Forum? I hope you give the other side a chance on the salt water forum of your choice. As for me, even if the costs were the same I would always have a planted tank. (Well, until I get to tank number ten or something. Doubt I'll find out). I like green.

#4 ·
Personally I wouldn't do a SW setup with a tank that large without a sump but that's just my experience. People certainly do it and 125 gallons is a nice size for a SW tank. I assume you have fish keeping experience. If you don't or it's very limited I would go with FW. No matter what you do you might want to consider painting or blacking out in some way your back glass before you put water in it. And one more thought no matter which way you go....quarantine tank! Good luck no matter what you decide.

#8 ·
I fully agree! As flashy as saltwater tanks seem, they are usually somewhat bare compared to our heavily planted tanks. There is essentially no saltwater greenery, and their tank colors seem almost cartoon-like compared to ours. Both can have their beauty, but take a look through some Amano pictures if you doubt the potential of FW.
Good luck,
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.