The Planted Tank Forum banner

Gh and Kh question

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Edward 
#1 ·
Hey,

I am in the process of switching my tanks over to RO water. My tap has a gH of 15 so I switching my tanks to pure RO. I have already added about 20 gallons to the tank.

My question is does Gh and Kh affect the color of plants as well as growth? The day after the first 20 gallons of RO water going in, my Limnophilia aromatica is already starting to show more purple then it ever has. So I am curious if the RO is helping already.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I also had a problem with kh and gh. I was doing water changes with ro water, and my parameters have dropped dramatically. Unfortunately, at the time, I did not have any plants that would prefer the soft to the hard. However, my recent additions prefer soft water, and they are doing relatively okay.

I did see my anubias pick up rather nicely with the ro water additions. My java moss seemed to accumulate less algae than before. I am not sure if the RO water was a direct impact or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.