The Planted Tank Forum banner

The Official: Emersed Tub Club

19K views 149 replies 42 participants last post by  nbr1rodeoclown 
#1 · (Edited)
June 3, 2013 is the starting date of this club.

Lets get to 100 members by the end of the year!

The only membership requirement is that you have an emersed setup of your own, it don't matter indoors or outdoors.

Lets start!

01. Aulonocara_Freak
02. Scottyhorse
03. GraphicGr8s
04. Aluka
05. bitFUUL
06. rainbuilder
07. ahvy
08. ryantube
09. bevoholic
10. Kehy
11. Monster Fish
12. Da Plant Man
13. AzFishKid
14. Assasin6547
15. beginragnarok
16. johnson18
17. FisheriesOmen
18. Zimmanski
19. Shrimpo_Brian
20. tropicalmackdaddy
21. tattooedfool83
22. Soothing Shrimp
23. Axelrod12
24. chevyguy8893
25. John Simpson
26. natebuchholz
27. Maechael
28. bacon5
29. drewsuf82
30. new Scaper
31. thump421

See less See more
#67 ·
What's going on in everyone's emersed systems? I love that there is always something interesting going on in mine: blooming, new spathes, new plantlets, moss deciding it's gonna grow vertically up the glass.

Here are a few of the recent highlights.
Random shot

Crypt. pontederfolia

Crypt. wendtii

Crypt. usteriana x walkeri - not the best shot, I was rushing last night

Most of these are also in my emersed journal, just thought I'd try to help draw a little more attention to this thread!

#68 ·
What's going on in everyone's emersed systems? I love that there is always something interesting going on in mine: blooming, new spathes, new plantlets, moss deciding it's gonna grow vertically up the glass.

Most of these are also in my emersed journal, just thought I'd try to help draw a little more attention to this thread!
Looking good, I'm in the process of emptying out my 65g and making that a nice indoor emersed setup. Let's hope it all works as planned.

#73 ·
I've got some plastic wrap on mine. For the most part it doesn't even have to be on super tight. The stuff on my 55 is taped down along the back and one short side, the rest is loose. There are slits on the top where it has torn a bit, keeps me from having to worry about oxygen exchange. The 20L is on much tighter. I have to mist it less, but I also don't open it up to look at things or trim as often because I have to unwrap/rewrap it.

I will probably switch to solid glass tops on one tank once I move to AZ later this year to see which works better in the super dry climate.

#82 · (Edited)
Guess I'll go for number #27 ?

Will do my best to get some pics of my most modest effort up here after work tomorrow.

Basic setup, fired clay substrate, dirty tank water, 5 watt LED lamp for 12 hours.

2 gallon angled square container with flat glass top, estimated.

Java moss on the bottom right, Rotala rotundifolia bottom left, micro sword mid to right, crypt in the top left.
snippets of myriophyllum, ludwigia, and soon some more stems.

Attachments

#88 ·
#93 · (Edited)
As promised update for my 20g Long:

This tank was setup 2~ weeks ago and has a dual T5HO fixture for lighting.

Hairgrass

Anyone id this one?

Anyone id this one?

Crypt New Leaf

Rotala

Purple Waffle and Hydrocotyle

TANK SHOTS

Bump: Might as well ask my question here if anything else. As previously stated I have a dual T5HO fixture over the tank. Growth is going well but as always the faster the better...

I have a dual T5NO fixture laying around, should I toss it on the tank and see what happens? Or am I risking "burning" the plants?

#95 ·
Pics should be working now...

My cell phone pics don't really show the change in light, I think I'll use it for a week and see how growth turns out. If it speeds up I'll keep it. If not or if it starts to bake the plants I'll remove it.

#97 · (Edited)
Would recommend that you thin the amount of plant material in some of those cups, especially the rotala and tripartita, that is horizontal they seem to calling for those empty cups.

Just put together a 5 1/2 gallon emersed setup, will get pics up after the dust settles.

Trying crypts, hydrocotyle, a nana, some more moss. The next tray to fill is going to be flame moss, more hydrocotyle, myrio, and extra rotala.

#98 ·
Would recommend that you thin the amount of plant material in some of those cups, especially the rotala and tripartita, that is horizontal they seem to calling for those empty cups.
How funny you say that, I actually spent earlier today doing trimmings and replanting. The retail especially. When switching the plants from submerged to emersed I expected a larger die off then I got!

#99 ·
I did too, my initial efforts may have been too cautious, as I have significantly more plant matter than space.

My newest attempt is something a bit different, my old SW "gravel" some salt and a bunch of dirt mixed for the water level, clay pots filled with just dirt, capped off with clay then plants.

Thinking the materials after the rinsings should be ok, we'll see though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.