The Planted Tank Forum banner

DIY Spray Bar

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MiSo 
#1 ·
So I bought the acrylic tubing I need to make a spray bar for my 20L. But it only came in foot-long pieces, and I want to put two together. What's the best way to seal them that's strong and aquarium safe?

#4 ·
Use the same size coupling to connect the 2 together. Just a tip when it comes to drilling the holes, don't drill in a straight line. Instead, drill holes so that the water comes out towards the surface and towards the substrate in a up-down-up-down pattern. That way you won't have any dead spots .

#6 ·
easy way is to find tubing and connect the two together.

another way:
you can use acrylic cement.
if the edges are very smooth, you can use something like weld on 4.
its a liquid cement that will fill in the cracks between the two pieces.
or you can use weld on 16 which is more of a syrup(y) consistency.

andrew, spray bars distribute water over more area vs. one spot.

#8 ·
you dont need much to get acrylic to stick. if you're using weld on 16, i'd place the cement on paper, and dab the pipe into the cement. you don't need much. plus it'll be better this way because when you stop putting pressure on the tube, it gets stringy. once cement gets on the acrylic, its not coming off. dont try to rub it off, you'll just smear it all over.

for the holes, go with what ever is easier for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.