The Planted Tank Forum banner

Borneo Wild products - reviews?

122K views 347 replies 67 participants last post by  Razvan Virna 
#1 · (Edited)
Please post your review of any Borneo Wild product. They seem to have a ton of various things for shrimp so I would like to hear some opinions if you used anything made by them.

So far I have used:
Dance breeding liquid
Growth Food
Barley Food

I have to say that I'm really really pleased with their products. I have tried probably 10 different foods and my shrimp like the BorneoWild stuff the best.

I'm looking to get some Humic and Shield. Anybody use these two? Should I be picking up something else as well?

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185317

EDIT:
I now own all these...let me know if anybody has questions about specific ones.

Thanks.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#5 ·
I use shield all the time(at least once a week) in all of my tanks, and have for a couple months now. I can't test that it is gettin rid of waste and neutralizing nh3 ect as all my tanks are cycled, but I know I haven't had any deaths of shrimp since I started using it and my substrates look a but cleaner.

I've also been using borneo's Crimson and White supplements and I have noticed a big difference in both the depth of the colors(red on CRS, black on CBS, and a yellowing of TT's) as well as a thicker, more full white coverage on the CRS/CBS. My PFR's reds are also looking noticeably deeper and thick than before i started using these products.

What I want to know, are peoples experiences with BW Stout and Vigor as I'm thinking of picking up both :)

#8 ·
I've used Bebi, Spinach and Barley for the last few weeks. All my shrimp love Bebi and Barley. Spinach was a big hit for the first couple of times I fed it. If Bebi and Barley truly affect the ecology of the tank as they are purported to do, they could be some of the best food value out there.

I use them in a random rotation with Kens products, Hikari and others for variety. I'm going to try Shield soon.

#10 ·
I've bought most of their products so far..I have:
Grow
Barley
Spinach
Color
Humic-does exactly what it says it does
Vital
Shield
White
All the foods the shrimp love..white seems to color up the whites real nicely...next on the list for me is vigor,crimson, and dance

#13 ·
Thanks to this thread I bought stout. Dont think I need/want any of the others though. I already have mineral rocks for the white parts of the cRS. And shikirua baby/bio food for microorginisms. Oh and mosura mineral plus.

#15 ·
My Stout and Shield arrived today. The stout is a very powdery food supplement that was eagerly consumed by my shrimp. The directions tell you to mix it with water and just pour it in....it will go all over the tank until the shrimp find it.

Question about Shield (maybe I'm over thinking this). On the bottle is says: "Dose 1 spoon / 200 liters of water after weekly water change to maintain quality". So, does that mean that I dose at a ratio of 1spoon/200 liters on the water that I'm adding or do I dose the entire tank after the water change based on how much water is already in the tank? Can someone clarify this?

#16 ·
My Stout and Shield arrived today. The stout is a very powdery food supplement that was eagerly consumed by my shrimp. The directions tell you to mix it with water and just pour it in....it will go all over the tank until the shrimp find it.

Question about Shield (maybe I'm over thinking this). On the bottle is says: "Dose 1 spoon / 200 liters of water after weekly water change to maintain quality". So, does that mean that I dose at a ratio of 1spoon/200 liters on the water that I'm adding or do I dose the entire tank after the water change based on how much water is already in the tank? Can someone clarify this?
My guess is that it means 1 spoon is good up to 200 liters.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
I treat for the whole tank with Shield. I've been using a lot of their stuff for quite a while now and can say it's all been great quality (which is why I started selling it). I regularly use almost the entire line.

The foods are my shrimps' favorite of all the kinds I've tried. All of my shrimp ball up on them. Especially Frenzy. It's amazing how fast they find it.

I have also switched to using their fish foods for my fish and have never gotten better feeding response. My CPD's actually surface feed with it.

I use some of their intake/outlet pipes and the quality is top notch on those as well.

I've also used their planted substrate additives. Using just those and Turface I've been able to grow just about anything I've tried. The Bacter Crystal is also fantastic for cycling new tanks on the fast track even if their aren't going to be plants in the tank.

In general, if it's got Borneo Wild on the label, it's going to be very high quality.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.