The Planted Tank Forum banner

Lighting suggestions for a 2.5g!

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SPL-311 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a 2.5g from a friend, i'm not sure what to do with it yet. I would like to hear any suggestions on how I should light this tank. The tank will probably be most likely grow one species of plant; glosso, dwarf hairgrass, or HC.

I was thinking of something like a 13watt kit from AH supply, but i'm not sure if I wanna spend $30 to light the tank.

#2 ·
Screw-in PC sounds like your best bet if cost is an issue.

With a desk lamp and a 6500K bulb, It could be had for around $5, assuming you have a desk lamp around. If not, you could be looking at (maybe) a whopping $20. All available at Wally World.

#7 ·
hi,

i have a 36", 2 x 36 watt jalli strip light. it has separate switches for each bulb.

it works fine on my standard 30gal aga tank. however, the left side plastic cover literally fell to pieces. i don;t know if it was damaged during shipping or if it's just poor quality. i suspect the former, cuz the right side cover is still intact.

it's a pretty tough fixture. it has fallen into my tank (because of the missing left end piece; makes the fixture a tad short) a few times and after drying it out thoroughly, it works perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.