The Planted Tank Forum banner

A few snakes

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Lia 
#1 ·
I thought this forum needs a little attention. Sense I don't post to much in the other sections as I am still a learning about planted tanks, I figured I would post a few pictures here. I hope you guys enjoy.

See less See more
#6 ·
People over exaggerate there tempers. Yes they can be highly aggressive, but I have found with all snakes if you approach them with confidence, are slow and deliberate with your actions it lessens your chance of getting nailed. Usually one out of there cage they are fine. Its just getting them out is the fun part. That's why I have removable perches.

#4 ·
Don't really see green tree yearlings that dark in color.. Most I've seen are more orange.. Beautiful snakes though.

#14 ·
This seems to work the best for us at the store, weve had difficulties keeping them healthy when we kept them in small glass terrariums that are exposed to all the stresses involved with kids and people walking past all day long.

What would you suggest? keeping in mind we arent exactly a megachain store with unlimited resources towards housing.

EDIT: i texted the person working just now and they took a temp on the far side to be 79 and the side closest the heat source to be 83

#15 ·
I keep mine in plastic shoebox sized tubs. I use radiant heat panels with a thermostat. I cover three sides with black contact paper for them to feel more secure.

83 is to cold for a basking temp. It needs to be closer to 87. I have a feeling if you guys correct these husbandry issues the snake will do alot better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.