Pressurized CO2...Just thought I'd share. - Page 19
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > The Planted Tank FAQ

Old 09-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #271
RickyJoeStrummer

PTrader: (0/0%)

Pressurized CO2...Just thought I'd share.

well not sure how to get them here yet but this might work?

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pH...title=012c.jpg

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pH...title=003c.jpg

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pH...title=002c.jpg
RickyJoeStrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #272
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Thank you...an thousand times thank you for this primer!
Glad I could help

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyJoeStrummer View Post
It is time consumimg to determine what you'll need and costly to put it all together. I spent about 3-4 weeks just researching before I purchased any equipment and it was difficult to find and put it all together but this particular thread was THE blueprint that I used to build my CO2 system. Good luck! and THANK YOU Darkblade48!!!
Again, I'm glad that I could help.

I think the main problem is that trying to build your own CO2 setup takes a lot of time. It does not need to cost a lot (mine cost around $200 including the cylinder).

Quote:
well not sure how to get them here yet but this might work?
Your linked pictures would work; it appears to be a Victor single stage setup.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #273
familytank
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Hi there, Just wanted to ad that I have JUST finished putting a CO2 system together based on this thread. I used;
*an aluminum #5 CO2 canister (cost 75$ e-bay, 15$ to fill)...something I did not know when I bought it is that it will have to have a date stamp on it for many places to refil it, so check on that.
*a Victor single stage, dual gauge regulator like the one in the diagram at the beggining of this thread (cost 180$ on e-bay, only found the price goes up from there).
*an Ideal needle valve (cost 70$ aquariumplants.com)
*Burkerk Solinoid (cost 50$ from aquariumplants.com has to be fitted with power cable so check that)
*Aqua Medic Bubble counter (cost 30$ aquariumplants.com mine leakes, ordered one for 20$ that looks a lot better from greenleafaquariums.com)
*Aqua Medic CO2 reactor (cost 120$ aquariumplants.com)
*Mag Drive Pump @ 500 GPH (cost 80$ aquariumplants.com) **this was not mentioned in the original thread that I could find, but you will of course need a pump of some sort. I think some caister filters might be able to handle the load but I would suggest you look into that 1st.
I've done the math for you, I spent 600$ to put this together not including tubing, teflon tape, brass fittings, some screws and little things like that that prolly added another 30-40$ to the cost. I took me two days to make sure I had all of the leaks sealed tight. The bubble counter leaks very very slowly but I have ordered a replacement and that problem should be taken care of very soon. I mounted everything under the stand of my 75 gallon aqaurium so only two 5/8" clear tubes are visible and the uptake has a sponge filter. I also ordered a Drop counter when I ordered the replacement Bubble Counter as I feel after spending the cash I have I want to know precicsely what it is doing and how well. I will update here on what this does for my planted aquarium in a couple weeks, but I wanted to put as much info here as I could think of for anyone about to try this for the first time...It is time consumimg to determine what you'll need and costly to put it all together. I spent about 3-4 weeks just researching before I purchased any equipment and it was difficult to find and put it all together but this particular thread was THE blueprint that I used to build my CO2 system. Good luck! and THANK YOU Darkblade48!!!

I'll try to ad some pics this week just so you can see what it all looks like.
I made my own reactor out of PVC and a couple fittings. cost for me was $5 and that's cause I only had to buy the fittings to adapt to my Fluval hoses and the 3/16 fitting to attach the C02 hose to the side. Mine is not clear tubing like you see in the youtube vids mine is standard PVC but I have 0 bubbles come out of the filter outlet. in no time my levels were awesome and have stayed the same since

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...?albumid=17513
110Gal
2 Golden Rams 2 Electric Blue Rams 2 German Blue Rams 2 Cory cats 7 Long fin Tetras 12 Rasboras 6 Fancytail Guppies 20 Neon Tetras 2 plecostomus 1 is albino 2 Candy cane Tetras 5 White tip Tetras
familytank is offline   Reply With Quote