The Planted Tank Forum banner

Purdue

7K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  TankYouVeryMuch 
#1 ·
Who here is at purdue, I know of 2 more so far, but who else is there? Or just in West Lafayette

#30 ·
I am picking it up Saturday the 29th, so it will be a week or two for me to cycle it completely. Maybe less as i will be using filters from my established tanks. I am starting to get overloaded on Molly fry and the 10 gallon wont hold the 20 or so my lyretail had the other day. SO they are held up in a homemade acrylic minitank inside the 75 gallon with java moss and a air stone. So if you want any Molly fry let me know lol. I think I have 6-8 red/black platties as well. My endlers haven't bred yet, i think once they get in a planted 55, they will take off.

#32 ·
Also in Purdue area

I'm in West Lafayette, I have a couple planted tanks though nothing large.
I have a 10 Gallon with a sand substrate that has Wysteria, Amazon Swords and a Java Fern that's doing pretty well where my Betta lives with a few zebra nerite snails and some Malaysian trumpet snails.

I also recently setup a 2.5 gallon using the Walstad method as a bit of an experiment to see if I could have some luck getting some dwarf baby tears to carpet the bottom. I'll be hopefully tracking down some shrimp locally to put in it in a couple weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.