The Planted Tank Forum banner

Speedie's Shrimp Pix Collection pt. II **NEW SHRIMP PHOTOS - 8/28/14**

184K views 1K replies 202 participants last post by  speedie408 
#1 · (Edited)
What's crackin TPT!?!? Most of you know I'm an avid shrimp photographer. I've been taking pictures of shrimp for almost 2 years now, and it's only been getting better every day. That's because nicer shrimp are easier to come by nowadays compared to even a year ago. I'm not going to lie, my skills as a photographer has also improved slightly.

It all started off as a favor for my wife, since she was the one into shrimp back then. I literally thought shrimp were boring and paid little attention to them, granted not as many folks were into shrimp yet (at least in the States). I decided to start a picture thread back in Feb 2011 of all the shrimp we were keeping. That got me HOOKED! This is the thread which I've now retired since it's way too long/old now: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128700

Time for a FRESH start. This thread marks Part II of my Shrimp Photography Adventure. It's now become a full time passion of mine and I can say, I love shrimp now lol. Thanks for following along and hope you all continue to enjoy my photos to come.

Best regards,

Nick

PS. Starting this thread off properly calls for some new photos of a new shrimp just added to my collection and a oldie but goodie shrimp. ;)

Taiwan "Feather" shrimp - brand new shrimp making it to US soil for the first time. I don't have the details yet but these little guys are still just pee wees, yet the solidness/thickness they possess in their shell coloration is phenomenal!

Berried German OEBT

More to come...

See less See more
#144 ·
;) There's an entire clutch of these guys. Hopefully they'll survive for me. Thanks!

Those hulks are real nice, do they breed true?
I don't have that answer to that but I will find out.

Awesome looking shrimp! Makes me want to get some OEBT so badly
OEBTs are def one of my all time faves :thumbsup:

eh dont worry about the algae on the glass. its food :)
Oh trust me, I've got plenty of algae for food. It's just a pain scraping the stuff closest to the substrate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.