The Planted Tank Forum banner

What do i need for pressuer CO2

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Buck 
#1 ·
i think i am tired of the DIY CO2 already i have been expereminting with trying to get the largest amount of co2 out of a diy unit well i found out how to OD a 50g tank and take out 1-2 german rams 1-2 rasboras a few ottos, and we will see what ealse so i have decide if presure CO2 wioth a ph controler will help this not happen again then i am all for it. so what do i need, were woudl be the best places to buy it, (do weling shops have what i need) and how do i test it. right now i can only partly use the co2 charts i was useing ph stable but have not put any in my tank for the past month and i have done a number of water chages however since i have stoped useing it my KH hase gone up i dont know why it was at 40-60 befor now it is at 80-90 and this morning when i tested my ph to get the co2 reading form the new batch last night it was 6.0-6.2 would that be a ph crash or a major co2 OD

#3 ·
just out of curiosity rufly how much $canadian$ dose it cost for a resemebally good system i want a ph controller that much i know but when it come to the rest i have no idea what dose what this is fairly new to me.

just wondering $beacause i am on a budget and have to pass the $ and benifets past the wife befor i can start.

i know i need a co2 canister a neddle valve(but what dos ethta do) but what other stuff

#4 ·
Your gonna need about $200 US plus whatever it costs in canada to rent or buy a CO2 tank. If I'm not mistaken thats about $300 canadian. Not cheap 'but thats probably the cheapest you're gonna get for a fully automated system.
BTW, you had a major PH crash caused by too much CO2.

Marcel

#5 ·
qbal18's reply

Is this good

i found a 20lb CO2 tank for $111at a welding shop and a duel reg with neddle valve built in at the big als by me for $140 $canadian is this a good price and woudl i need anything ealse?

EDIT: Just found out that the 20lb is one of the reall tall ones i dont want that one but from big als also i can get a 10lb filled for $150 also can the regulator i get from big als fit on any size tank or is there diferent size fittings?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.