The Planted Tank Forum banner

Male or Female?

Male or Female?

3K views 43 replies 26 participants last post by  fuzz_16 
#1 ·
This topic was suggested by someone and it got me thinking as to if males or females tend to like this hobby better. Females having a less aggressive nature and with males being the opposite. When I look at my tank all my aggression or any aggression that I had just goes away. So maybe females like this hobby more?

Time to find out. :D

#35 ·
I'm not usually bothered by the gunky side of aquarium maintenance. And I think fish are beautiful and relaxing. Of course, I also think reptiles and hairless cats are pretty, too, which my sister loves to tell me is really weird.

But I do notice, when visiting any of the lfs nearby, that most the employees and patrons are male. And I always get that confused surprised look when they realize that I'm not just looking or there with someone else, and that I do know what I'm talking about (...usually. And sometimes more so than they do, unfortunately).

#38 ·
Well I definitely do all the planning and maintenance with my tank but it's husband funded and we both enjoy watching it lol
We decided what to get together, I listed options for him to look at lol
We each picked an angelfish too! :D

Oh he always sucks on the hose for water changes haha

#43 ·
My husband tolerates my tanks, stresses when work sends me out of town for a week (he does not want fish deaths while they are under his care) rolls his eyes when I get excited about a new fish magazine and likes watching the one I put by his computer. But his biggest joy about my hobby is that it keeps me busy on Sundays so he can watch football in peace. ;)

#44 ·
thought thered be more girls tooo...

maybe more of us like spending time doing other stuff and dont enjoy the simplicity of an aquarium?

i think men are also more likely to spend money on toys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.