The Planted Tank Forum banner

LFS suggestions

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  tazcrash69 
#1 ·
OK, New to NJ, and I'm looking for a good LFS in the Bergan\Passiac county area.

Pet Goods on 17 is horrible for FW livestock, and the plants are a travesty.
Fish World on 17 didn't seem bad to me, but has anyone purchased from them?

Thanks

#4 ·
And in the same town as Momotaro (Mike)?!

There is a NJAS (North Jersey Aquarium Society) meeting tomorrow night, 10/20.
For more details see: www.njas.net

Usually a good selection at the auctions there.

As far as LFS's go, Absolutely Fish in Clifton is a nice shop, with what some would call not so nice prices.

Or, take a ride Central/Not-so-central NJ and hit the Rt 22 stores...

Shark Aquarium -> Pet Shanty -> Ocean Gallery...
That would give you an idea of what is available in that area.

#5 ·
As a matter of fact I am in the same town as Mike.
I should be going to the NJAS meeting tomorrow if my car comes back from the mechanic.

I've been to absolutely fish, but I was concentrating on reef stuff. I need to take the run to scotch plains for those shops. Are all those on rte 22?

#6 ·
tazcrash69 said:
As a matter of fact I am in the same town as Mike.
I should be going to the NJAS meeting tomorrow if my car comes back from the mechanic.
Ah, well if you are there, I'll see you...

tazcrash69 said:
I've been to absolutely fish, but I was concentrating on reef stuff. I need to take the run to scotch plains for those shops. Are all those on rte 22?
Yes, those 3 are all on Rt. 22 - starting in Hillside (Shark Aquarium) going westbound, next comes Pet Shanty (Scotch Plains, just past Bowcraft amusement), then, since you mentioned the reef stuff, TRI is also on 22, but is a real hard one to spot! it is in a mini-mall of sort with the smallest possible signage.
I don't usually go to TRI, so you may want to contact them...I found the following but don't know how recent it is:

The Reefs Inc.
Tower Plaza
288 Route 22 West
Greenbrook, NJ 08812
732-424-2050
thereefsinc@aol.com
Monday 11:00am-7:00pm Tuesday thru Friday 11:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm Sunday 10:00am - 6:00pm

And then, if you make it past all of them without losing your wallet, Ocean Gallery II is on the east-bound side of 22, in North Plainfield.

You could also make a quick side shot off of 22 up the hill (Warrenville Road) to Adam's Pet safari in Warren, NJ.

They are all in the vicinity...

#7 ·
Cool, thanks for the post.
I’m printing it out right now.
Not sure when I'll get there, since I’m still setting up, but who doesn’t like a little recon. :D

OK, tonight I look for a planted sing in the back of the auditorium.

See you there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.