New here! with a few questions
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
TidBitz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

New here! with a few questions

Hi all I'm new here and am not sure how to use this site on my phone yet I have questions on a successful ghost shrimp breeding tank so any input would be awesome. I can not open a window to add a picture but have one in my profile. This was a tank I just broke down and was a last minute decision before I put all of em in my 55, I used cycled water out of my 55 to set it up. And only lost 1 juvie withing 5 days so far.
TidBitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
A.D.D.i.c.t.
Shrimpin' Ain't Easy

If you have a smart phone you can go to the web address as usual and browse that way. I personally browse the forum through an application called Tapatalk. It is a forum app that you can browse lots of different forums through, much more mobile friendly.
It also makes it really easy to post pictures. May I ask, why ghost shrimp? There are so many Awesome shrimps available in the hobby, have you seen any other varieties? You should head to the Invertebrates section on the forum for lots more info.
Welcome!
A.D.D.i.c.t. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 AM   #3
TidBitz
Algae Grower

Thank you for your help!!! Ghost shrimp are always available in my area. But I just finished a tank for RCS and Malawa , I just couldn't find a good deal on a different shrimp but found one I couldn't pass up at 12 RCS, 12 Malawa 6 trumpets (which I'm already breeding) and 6 rams horn for 40.00.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
A.D.D.i.c.t.
Shrimpin' Ain't Easy

Cool! Where are you at in Texas? There are a number of hobbyists locally that have awesome shrimp species, usually some for sale. Just in case you decide one more shrimp tank wouldn't hurt...
Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
TidBitz
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.D.i.c.t. View Post
Cool! Where are you at in Texas? There are a number of hobbyists locally that have awesome shrimp species, usually some for sale. Just in case you decide one more shrimp tank wouldn't hurt...
I now have an acclimated 6 gallon set up for backup will be working on a 20 gallon as soon as I get some marble sold. I am near Garland/Rowlett area. I have decided on RCS and Malawa which I got a good deal for, the ghost went into the 55. I will be wanting more soon.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
A.D.D.i.c.t.
Shrimpin' Ain't Easy

Exciting!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #7
J.mccollum
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Nice to see others in my area. I'm in the Rockwall area.
I was thinking ghost shrimp only breed in brackish water. I could be wrong though
I'm in the process of breeding RCS and crystal red/black. There is a lady in grand praire thar sells the crystal and I got my crs from the fish boutique in garland and plants from the fish gallery and north dallas aquarium. If you haven't been to any of these places I would check them out.
J.mccollum is offline   Reply With Quote