The Planted Tank Forum banner

General Chat - Talk about anything!

69K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 ·
Hoping this thread can be used for whatever nonsense, feel like asking questions? Ranting? Dropping in to say hi? Talking about your day? I'd love to hear about it.

Earlier today, there were comments on how we're all nerdy hahaha. So, what nerdy things aka hobbies do you guys like? I'm a big bio nerd and love learning up on animals and live stuff. And agreed, planted tanks...very sciencey. Too much, in fact :icon_eek:

#191 ·
Sorry Monster, I don't really know anything about Bettas, so when I go there I don't normally look at them, nor would I probably even know what I was looking at.

Maybe one day we should have people meet up there as they have a pretty good selection, and can take a ride down the block to the giant Petco that's also in the mall area.

#194 ·
Yup. Here's a few that I've been to that I go back to when I feel like driving out into the island.

Pets Warehouse (Carle Place, NY) - Lot's of different livestock and decent prices on equipment and supplies.
Aqua Hut (Coram, NY) - Healthy, cheap livestock, great prices on equipment and supplies.
Country Critters (Patchouge, NY) - Higher prices but they have some rare livestock. They have an indoor pond with full grown pacus, tiger shovelnose cats, red tail cats, and arapaimas. You can pay 25 cents to toss food to them!
Magic Isle Aquarium (Centereach, NY) - Prices are a bit high but from time to time, they have interesting and rare species.

#204 ·
its definitely doable.

yup shipping comes in on fridays and pygmys are rare, guy who orders them in also said they go in a blink
i got a blurry pic of mine, lol
Hey, didn't know petco gets this species at all. Is it possible to place an order for these guys? How large a quantity do they normally get?

The nerites I got on Friday at the meeting are dead as well.
Dude, u have crazy 40+ppm nitrates. I don't think any inverts could live in your tanks. lol

#199 ·
Thanks good to know may have to take a trip out there this weekend and do some window shopping help motivate me to finish getting my basement done and get my 55 set up and running.

#200 ·
There is a petland on Nostrand ave. btwn Y and Z, it's in a shopping center. They have some really different fish and I've bought very nice plants there. I've seen knight gobies and different cichlids,paradise fish and lots more that I don't even see at world class aquarium. Much better then the one on 18th Ave. 18th Ave once got a bad shipment of fish and I happened to go in the store that day. They were just dying infront of your eyes it was horrible.

#205 ·
Dude, u have crazy 40+ppm nitrates. I don't think any inverts could live in your tanks. lol[/QUOTE]

on the bright side, I will never have a snail problem if plants come with hitchhikers. :redface:

going to Chinatown for a birthday dinner, will report and see what's good at Pacific and Win if there is time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.