The Planted Tank Forum banner

Junglefowl's 29G rescaping

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  junglefowl 
#1 ·

After running this tank for 8 months, I feel like I have to rescape it again. The reason is I don't like the playsand I use for the stream in the middle. And...well...look at the pic...there is no more space for my fish to dig in. So here I go: start again.

The main point in this tank is the driftwood bonsai tree I got as a gift from my brother Riversun. I have used xmas moss for it the whole time, but this time I will use weeping moss. Here is the pic of the tree with xmas moss:

I took the driftwood off the tank

Sold the moss to a member on here

I got some fellows asked me to sell the tree but I can't...sorry it's a gift...but bext time when I come back to Vietnam, I will try to bring some more back here...

Anyway, I took all the plants and fish to another tank, removed water and the playsand...then used 15lb of Floramax on to the old substrate. And here we go

Now take sometimes to tie the weeping moss I have on the tree

And try some rocks

I know...I know...it is really dirty, I spent another hour to remove the old ammonia and NO3 and clean up the glass, fill in the water

That is for today!!! Will be updated

Thanks folks!!!

See less See more
#10 ·
Updated: put some more rocks in for the scape and plant glossos and 4 leaves clovers in the front. Gloss didn't do well from the previous, hopefully they will do good this time. Don't have enough time to do dry start though

Closer pix

Baby narrow leaf java fern on rock

#16 ·
Sorry for the late response, I just got the address from him, he gave me 2 stores that sells the tree:
Ngã 3 Trần Hưng Đạo B - Lưu Xuân Tín, quận 5 (I assume you know Vietnamese :), this is where I got mine)
Another one: shop Kim Chi, 554A Minh Phụng, phường 9, quận 11

If you want to get my brother's phone number, please let me know. If he's not busy, he can show you where to buy the wood. Maybe you wanna see his tanks live too. This is one of his tank:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.