The Planted Tank Forum banner

240cm Custom Starphire Scape

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  JEden8 
#1 ·
its been a very long day:

i'll try to get more photos of it filled when i go to the clients house tomorrow.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking tank...good job...

Could you offer some info regarding capacity, filtration, and the maxspect module LED and intensity/program configuration?

I see six modules there and although I like the look,isn't a bit too much? I have tried two of them over a Juwel 260 (120cm) and they produced more than enough light for the bacopas and hygrophylas to overtake that tank in just two weeks. (Just wondering)

Was planning on doing something similar but due to a number of reasons, the end product it s not quite what I hoped for...

#7 · (Edited)
thanks!

the lights were bought by the client before we were comissioned to scape the tank, but i think 6 will be okay since its 75cm deep and raised quite high. the filtration is a sealed sump with lots of bio media.

more pictures from today:

the rocks weighing down the wood will come out in a few days.

#9 ·
Fantastic tank (very unique shape) and great placement. For us equipment nerds, could you tell us all about the details of the tank size, lighting, filtration, etc :)

As for the wood becomes water logged in just a few days, I hope that's the case but with that specific type of wood I've had some that were really resistant to logging and would require lots of boiling to make it go faster (or just patience - weeks or months and not just days). But hope it logs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.