The Planted Tank Forum banner

Show off your pond pics

13K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  Birdman 
#1 ·
How about planted ponds. Anyone have pics they'd like to share or show off of your pond? Weather's getting cold, so it's a great time to plan for spring. I've included a rather old pic of mine at my old house, shame I don't have any after the plants grew in. Looking for inspiration......

See less See more
#30 ·
I'm in 5a I believe, could be 5b according to the map I have. The Winters get pretty cold, but so far we have been lucky with no losses all winter, and healthy fish in the spring. I would love to have a greenhouse enclosed pond, but that's pushing my luck a bit with the hubby. :icon_smil The plants stay in year round, and are starting to break the surface already, I love spring!

#36 · (Edited)
Hi, this is my pond as it were in may 2007

And this picture was taken in september 2007

This is my first year ponding. I have been growing aquatic plants and fish for some time now, but let me tell you , the pond has new challenges for me. I had a problem with green algae , due to lack of filter and bad soil in flower pots, and the echinodous amazonicus and bleheri were overwhelmed by algae.
I added 3zebras(danio frankei) at the beginning of the summer , and I managed to get about 150 before winter came.

Next year I plan to build a filter and give better thought to planting .If you know and articles on the web in reference to "spring cleaning" please let me know.

[edit] And today my pond was covered in snow, even in winter ponds bring points to the design of the garden :proud:

#38 ·
Hi ... this is my 1st posting to this section. We put an in-ground pool into a coner of our yard about 5 years ago ... I used pavers around the pool as a patio instead of cement. I needed to landscape a corner of the yard next to the pool that had a bit of a hill, so I created a 1200 gallon 3 tiered pond with a bog.

Here is a closer view

The attached bog

Another view of the waterfall

I have a breeding group of coments and shubunkins ... a whole bunch of irises, lilies and pickeral weed. I have a lot of trees, so I don't get as much sun as I'd like.

I used landscaping blocks to build a wall around the low end, and a whole bunch of flat rocks scavanged from house construction sites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.