The Planted Tank Forum banner

Windelov Java Fern markings or problems?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hydro 
#1 ·
Hi, new to the forum.

I have a Windelov for a few weeks now. It's tied to a lava rock. There are some brownish/black spots on some leaves or on the tips of the leaves. Are these normal markings for this plant or are they indicative of some problems? The plant, otherwise, is doing quite well, thick and bushy. All my other plants in the tank seem to be doing well with no signs of problems that I can see. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: information on my setup - 12g, ~2 wpg, flourite substrate, Flourish Excel 1 ml every other day.

#2 ·
Hydro said:
Hi, new to the forum.

I have a Windelov for a few weeks now. There are some brownish/black spots on some leaves or on the tips of the leaves. Are these normal markings for this plant or are they indicative of some problems? The plant, otherwise, is doing quite well, thick and bushy. All my other plants in the tank seem to be doing well with no signs of problems that I can see. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Those are the beginnings of a new plant. The java fern propogates(sp) by growing a new plant from under its leaves...

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.