The Planted Tank Forum banner

Post your shrimp tanks!

96K views 240 replies 103 participants last post by  Xerobull 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I don't have a dedicated shrimp tank, I would like to see yours! Please list plants, hardscape, and shrimp. Any tank. I have heard of Berta bowls with one RCS to massive 80 gallon colonies! Did I mention I want pics? Thanks! :):D

#3 · (Edited)
Here's me 20 gallon yellow neo / CRS tank. I have java moss, peacock moss on driftwood, cholla log, subwassertang, little bit of guppy grass, and 2 x 20 gallon sponge filters. I'm changing out the substrate next week to fluval shrimp stratum. And it's magical. It's an upside down tank, lol

#8 ·
NYREPS , your tanks look great .... And your "boring red bugs" look awesome

#12 ·
Here are my current ones, again, I tried pretty and scaped and it just didn't work out for my needs:) So here is crappy and functional (for me!) First tank is a 3 gallon that houses CRS, CBS, Goldens and Taiwans. SEcond tank is Mr Aqua 12g Long Tibee tank. 3rd tank is our son's crayfish tank with about 50 or more PFRs and Supremes in there (though some are reverting back to crappy cherries on that white sand).

Attachments

#13 ·
I won't clean this thread up a second time.

Keep it respectful or find another outlet, folks.

This is a family-friendly forum and you are expected to treat every person on this forum with respect whether you like them or the tanks they keep.

You don't have to be an adult but you're expected to act like one on this forum.

#16 ·
Thanks guys !!! It's not done yet its forever changing ,still waiting for some more plants to grow so i can replant

My light broke this morning I had to put the only light I had for the week in till I get the new light next week took some pics today.

This tank is ready for planting I have a blank canvas to fill this baby up slowly

#23 · (Edited)
Given how many different styles of layouts there are, and how many levels of experience, NO ONE should ever feel--or be made to feel--bad sharing their work.

Here's my cherry shrimp tank. Low-tech, medium light and set-up for minimal maintenance requirements.

3g JBJ Picotope
substrate: fluorite
hardscape: local pink granite, one large piece mopani
plants:
crypts, cardamine lyrata, anubia nana petite, mini-bolbitis, xmas moss, dwarf baby tears, spikey guppy grass, frogbit, probably still some duckweed and dwarf pennywort in there as well.
Stock: cherry shrimp, 1x olive nerite

Stocking is *very* low at the moment as I'm slowly clearing out the cherry culls/mixed offspring before bringing in some more FPR's to go with the 3 females that I got from a mostly DOA shipment a couple months ago.

Did have some riccia mats (see album for past pictures) but ended up removing them as not being worth the constant trimming.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.