The Planted Tank Forum banner

2in10's 75 gal Jungle part 2, new plant pics post 250 1-20-13

23K views 252 replies 42 participants last post by  ccbeauch 
#1 · (Edited)
Since I could not update the thread title on my journal:proud: I decide to start part 2.:tongue:

See less See more
#95 ·
I am working my way through the settings. I have already found a good sweet spot with each of the lenses. I use the standard zoom on FTS, the telephoto for specific areas in the tank and the macro is pretty obvious. I have found a good range for shutter speed, depth of field and ISO for all of the lenses for the current usages on both the planted tank and my reef. I have some fine tuning I believe but the PP program certainly helps in figuring out the ranges and compensating once the range has been found. The PP is becoming a good friend.

#98 ·
Thanks, the quality of the camera and lenses is so much greater than the P&S DSLR look a like I had it is unbelievable. I really love the the cameras ability to have multiple focus points. The pp program is miles above what came with the P&S. So much to learn and so far to grow. I am really looking forward to the challenge.

2 in 10,

Your tank has a delightfully old school feel to it. I love it!
Thanks, I just love the jungle look with the plants just placed in groups. It just seems more natural to me.

#99 ·
FTS 5-13-12

Some minor changes made. Cleaned up the Ambulia patch, threw away about 1/3 to 1/2 the mass and took 2 bunches to the LFS. Move the Hydrothrix in front of the L. repens so it will grow upright and added 2 pieces of petrified wood in the middle to fill in holes where no plants were. I may put more plants in there in the future. Waiting on the stems from Chad to take off. If they do well I will most likely pull the Tiger Lilies and put the stems in their place.

I also vacuumed the substrate on the left third of the tank so remove the detritus and junk that had take root there.

#104 ·
Current look after removing some leaves that were shading other plants.

The Pantanal I got from Joraan has grown between 3" and 5" in a little over a week.

The plants I got from Chad appear to have acclimated and are starting to grow. I will work on pics for tomorrow since that will be one week for them in the tank. The Hydrothrix is pointing in the right direction now and appears to be growing. The others are getting nice growth off of the stems and should allow me in a week or two to start planning final placement I think.

#107 ·
i really love this tank! i wish my pantanal grew like that. the only thing i dislike about the tank though, are the lily and madagascar lace in the back. everything else looks so delicate and pretty and then there's those two plants that look like they came to kick the crap out of the "girly plants"....lol one the last incarnation of the tank, they fit in better i guess.

#108 ·
LOL, they certainly have grown quite well. The lilies are most likely out in a few weeks as the plants from Chad grow and start filling in. The Lace will stay as I just love the look of the plant. I have had that one for 3 or 4 years now. I plan on moving it into the corner and keeping the leaf numbers low. It has grow from 2 spots on the bulb and another bulb appears to be getting ready to divide off.

#110 ·
Thanks Chad, I'll let you know once the ones you sent me settle in and fill out. They all seem to be doing well. The L. Red has 3 plants growing out and the others are showing a lot at the nodes. The Bacopa is the slowest one it seems but looks healthy and appears to be growing. The Downoi appears to have acclimated and is starting to grow. The Rotala looks to be taking off.

#115 ·
FTS after trimming today

And some of the plants Chad sent me that can not be seen in the FTS. In the FTS the R. rotundifolia, R. 'Sunset' and Downoi can be seen. The only one that I did not get was the Bacopa because it is still too small and tucked away to get a shot of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.