The Planted Tank Forum banner

2in10's 75 gal Jungle part 2, new plant pics post 250 1-20-13

23K views 252 replies 42 participants last post by  ccbeauch 
#1 · (Edited)
Since I could not update the thread title on my journal:proud: I decide to start part 2.:tongue:

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow awesome tank. Super neat.

#13 ·
that's one serious tank, Sir! I may have stated this on the last thread, but you really do a fantastic job of making a 75 gallon look like a 150 gallon. The foreground needs to fill in a touch, but it looks great! The dw almost gives a "terraced" or multi-tiered effect, too. It is nicely unique and stands out to me.....good work so far 2in10!

#18 ·
Thank you

Wow, great looking jungle! Your plants have really nice colors. That Lace sword is cool too! Wish I could help you with your downoi my is still growing o so slow.
Thanks, I noticed that too in my tank when it was growing.

Looks good bro! Is that some Nesea red? Mine grows super slow. I hope yours does better. I am still loving the colors!!!

For those of you wanting to edit thread titles, you have to click "edit" then click "Go advanced". Hope that helps you :)
Thanks Chad, yes it is Nesaea red, it does seem to be pretty slow growing and sensitive.

I think there was an issue with the site for a day or two. I could change the title as you stated but only the post title changed on the first post not the thread title. Oh well so I know have a new thread.:icon_roll

#19 ·
Wow!!! The colors are unreal in your tank! What are you doing for lighting and fertilizing? I could also go to your photo school. I can't seem to get a good shot to save my life.

#20 ·
Thanks, I have 2 GE 6500K and and ATI Aquablue Special T5HO bulbs. I changed out the Aquablue for an ATI Coral Plustoday but will be replacing that with an UVL Actinic White. Each bulb change progresses on the amount of red in the output. I use a modified EI-PPS fertilization routine with pressurized CO2.

I have the color saturation and red, green and blue levels at the max on the camera. I use the ISO at 80. I put the camera on a tripod and use the slowest shutter speed that keeps the colors looking the most accurate.

#24 ·
Are you running pressurized co2? Those plants look awesome for it to just be running off of excel.
I really like the look of the plants dominating the aquascape instead of the typical wood or rock. I think that's the look I'm going to be trying with my 75g after I get rid of this pesky Spirogyra I seem to have aquired.
Very nice pictures too.

#37 ·
Looks great still!!! Your ovalis is looking pretty hot! I considered the idea of a Ludwigia tank. You could also have a just Rotalas tank too. BTW, when you update your thread, you should put the date or post # instead of the page #. Some of us change ours to 70 posts per page so for this one your pics are still on the first page ;)

#41 ·
Here is the mod to the center brace on the tank. I just used my Dremel and a hacksaw blade to cut it out. Added quite a bot of light to the center of the tank.

And here is the tank after the rescape. I will be getting 5 stems L. 'Pantanal' from Joraan early next week. I will place them in the space between the wood and the L. repens. That will leave me some open space that I have yet to figure out to fill. Still looking for Downoi for the front open space.

Still needs some clearing but gives a good shot of the damage that was done. Suggestions welcome and appreciated.

#102 ·
Here is the mod to the center brace on the tank. I just used my Dremel and a hacksaw blade to cut it out. Added quite a bot of light to the center of the tank.

I like what you did with center brace. I might have to do the same on my 125. It pisses me off when pics look darker right below the brace.

Hmm... I just had a brilliant idea... what if I drill a hole and somehow fit few LEDS right through the hole or add few under the brace?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.