The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is this ferts any good?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  stevenjohn21 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Apparently it is a "all in one" and looks like dry ferts but been no expert can anyone say if this will be any good for my medium to high light tank with co2?

[eBay link removed]

Thanks

#3 ·
I would also pass on this one. While all in one mixes may seem convenient, in the long run, you will want separate chemicals in order to customize your dosing.

In addition, as mentioned, the iron in the micronutrients tends to react with phosphates, resulting in insoluble ferric phosphate.

#5 ·
No, you can dose both. Most people often dose micronutrients on one day, and then macronutrients on another, alternating between the two.

The concentrations at which iron and phosphate are at inside the aquarium are insufficient for insoluble iron phosphate to form. The problem arises in concentrated solutions and/or storing them in dry powder form.

I am unaware of how you could introduce a stabilizer into the mixture. Rather than doing that, it would be easier just to buy the chemicals separately, and make two bottles of solutions and/or store them separately (dry).

Ferric phosphate is not harmful, but is insoluble, and results in the nutrients being unavailable to plants.

#8 ·
I had good results using this all in 1 dry ferts.... http://selectaquatics.com/Plant Fertilizer.htm
But obviously what works for 1 tank may not be great for another. The price is great though and cheap enough to try it. It lasted me just over a year for a 125 & 75 gallon tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.