The Planted Tank Forum banner

SAPS - Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society

40K views 525 replies 56 participants last post by  Smitty06 
#1 ·
#518 ·
Hey Hoppy, I was wondering if SAPS as still have active meetings? I just started to get back into the planted tank arena and I was wondering if you guys are having monthly or bi-monthly meetings still. Sorry if I got your hopes up about finding the PAR meter with this post. Hope it turns up soon :(

#520 ·
It is hard to keep people interested in meetings without having some kind of program each time. When we had the most consistent attendance we also had a presentation of some kind at each meeting. Arranging the meetings takes time, and eventually the one doing it just runs out of ideas and time. We are at the stage where we are waiting a "white knight" to appear, with new ideas, enthusiasm, and plenty of time.

#521 ·
The Sacramento Aquatic Plant Society is very dormant for now. Our meetings have been attended by 2-4 people, our website has very limited traffic, and nothing seems to change any of that. It was suggested that a Facebook page for the club might be a stimulus that can get us back on track. So, I set up one, https://www.facebook.com/sacaquaticplantssociety?ref=aymt_homepage_panel Please visit the page and "like" it, and/or suggest what would make it more effective. I don't know if any other local planted tank groups have tried this, but if you know of some, let's look at their Facebook pages to see what we might do to make ours work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.