The Planted Tank Forum banner

Which CO2 Regulator Should I Buy?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ggsteve 
#1 ·
I've never done anything having to do with Co2 before, and I'm having a little trouble deciding which type of regulator I should get. From the little research i've done I know that Dual Stage Regulators can be preferable to single stage regulators because they prevent the whole end of tank dump thing, (right?) as well as give you more bang for your buck because they prevent you from having to reajust the pressure gauge 3 times a day. BUT, i'm pratically ripping my hair out because i cant find any Dual Stage Regulators that dont cost a fortune, but i would imagine its worth the extra cost. So my question is can anyone link me a regulator they're currently using thats effective and for around $100? And if not could i just go with this? .

OR alternatively would this fit the best of both worlds? Amazon.com: AQUATEK CO2 Regulator Mini: Pet Supplies

I was actually hoping i could use this dual stage reactor, but im not sure if theres a better/cheaper one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matheson-81...768?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232818f9a0

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.