The Planted Tank Forum banner

Ken's 2.5

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Ken 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

I've decided to rebuild what was my overgrown moss/shrimp tank into something a little different (and more attractive) than my previous tanks. I'd been stuck in a rut of Flourite and Driftwood in every nano I built (hey... a bag of flourite goes a long way with nanos!!!)

So I went with rocks and AS Powder, two things I somehow have never tried. I've attached some pics below with what I've got so far, and I left the extra rocks out in front, so if anyone has hardscaping ideas, I certainly welcome that!! Oh and the obnoxious sticker will go away, eventually... :wink:

I do have some glosso, riccia, and small blyxa that can go in. Fauna will likely just be RCS and possibly some tiny fishes (pygmy rasbora). It has 18W of CF light and that's about it right now. Dosing, filtration, CO2 are all dependent on what I end up doing with it. And that's what I'm having trouble deciding.

So let's hear it! I'm open to all advice, from the obvious to the outlandish :) ;)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I just wanted to say I actually kinda like the rocks the way the are, or rather the size they are. Much bigger and you could make the tank look as small as it is. Right now, looking at those pictures, that tank looks MUCH larger than a 2.5! It's quite amazing really! But that's just my opinion :) In terms of layout suggestions, possibly moving the larger cluster of rocks more to the right, perhaps add another rock, and maybe add another rock to the smaller cluster. I like the idea of having 2 clusters, but maybe spreading them apart a bit more? I do like the way you have it now though, but that's just a thought! I'm pretty new to planted tanks, and have only used driftwood as hardscape though. so again, just my opinion! :)

#6 ·
possibly moving the larger cluster of rocks more to the right, perhaps add another rock, and maybe add another rock to the smaller cluster. I like the idea of having 2 clusters, but maybe spreading them apart a bit more?
That's a good idea! I shifted some and added another... don't mind the dust floating. I wanted to keep the tank full because the rocks look different colors submerged. What do you think?

Attachments

#7 ·
Looking good! Maybe add some more rocks (or at least one) to the right side? i liked the arrangement of the larger cluster in the first one. But again, this is just my opinion, in the end, you're the one who looks at the tank, so it has to look good to YOU! :)

#8 ·
I don't know... I kinda like the second one now. I'll take a look at the pics again tomorrow and see which I like better. I did slope the left side a little more since the pic and kind of envision a foreground plant there flowing to the front with bush-like plants on the sides and back. Still undecided on what, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.