The Planted Tank Forum banner

Candelabra CFL bulbs

709 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  turdb0 
#1 ·
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Lighting but seeing how most of the search results for "Candelabra" showed up here, I'm posting it here.

I found a search result for a Marineland Explorer II back in 2004, with no responses. I have one of these 2G plastic tanks with the integrated hood and the integrated lighting is basically a "nightlight". I'm thinking about replacing the standard 5W nightlight bulb with a 4W(25W equivalent) CFL Candelabra-base bulb. I have never tried this before so wondering if anyone used these CFL bulbs for their nightlights or other functions have any comments on these bulbs? Of course, I can always buy it and return it if it doesnt work out. The only problem I can think of is that the bulb itself is bigger (like most CFL's) compared to the incandescent and might be a tight fit for the hood. I may be able to modify the hood so that there's more wiggle room but that would also mean bringing the bulb down closer to the water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.