The Planted Tank Forum banner

Deep Blue Solarmax 20 inch lights repalcement bulb?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BBradbury 
#1 ·
OK, so before I knew anything about anything I bought the Deep Blue Solarmax T5 20 inch 36 W. So now I have two 18W bulbs, one actinic.

I want to replace he actinic bulb, but I can't find any info on this product or replacement bulb. I guess it isn't a "name brand" Also I guess the the 20 inch size is a problem, because it is rare.

My questions:

Is Deep Blue junk to begin with - should I just replace the whole thing?

Why can't I just find a 18W 20 inch t5ho bulb replacement? I've looked online, at several LFS, and at HomeDepot and Lowes. Any ideas?

THANKS!

-Nate

#4 ·
Solarmax Info

OK, so before I knew anything about anything I bought the Deep Blue Solarmax T5 20 inch 36 W. So now I have two 18W bulbs, one actinic.

I want to replace he actinic bulb, but I can't find any info on this product or replacement bulb. I guess it isn't a "name brand" Also I guess the the 20 inch size is a problem, because it is rare.

My questions:

Is Deep Blue junk to begin with - should I just replace the whole thing?

Why can't I just find a 18W 20 inch t5ho bulb replacement? I've looked online, at several LFS, and at HomeDepot and Lowes. Any ideas?

THANKS!

-Nate
Hello Nate...

Check with a company by the name of alphaprobreeders. I believe they are a Solarmax distributor. They may be able to help you.

B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.