The Planted Tank Forum banner

Favorite Tropical Fish Forums

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Ishar 
#1 ·
What are some of your favorite tropical fish forums?

#3 ·
For fish, I can't say I like any of them. Many members in many forum just don't like to take any criticism and get into some nasty arguments. Some are just childish arguments.

For plants, this is the best one. All people here are just friendly. People from TR helped me in the beginning before I found this site. They have nice and knowledgeable people there but the plant dep. isn't too active.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Sweet. That saved me 3 hours of web surfing.

#8 ·
I like Tom's Place for general and advanced fish questions. The regulars there are knowledgable and respond quickly without the board being so busy that your post gets buried like a couple other places I lurk.

#9 ·
I like cichlid-forum.com the best sight for the beginner to learn about cycling, water changes,and genreal fish care.OF course there the cichlid experts and I found that sight to have the friendliest and helpfull group of people compared to some of the other forums I have been on.There more of an african cichlid sight but they do have a large group of followers for the american cichlid fans.(my fav fish).If you havn't been there,check it out pretty good sight.

#11 ·
I'm a long time(4 years) member of cf and and c-f. I find that pissing contests come often and the older, more experienced members are posting less and less. There are more and more newbies spewing information that is not only wrong but harmful. I spend my time there correcting errors. It is rarely enjoyable.

#14 ·
Yae I see that from time to time on the cf but I feel that the sight is over all a good sight for the beginner fish keeper to get there feet wet.I find most of the people there good happy to help with plenty of knowledge to share.
I do see some crazy arguments and blatant missinformation from time to time but I feel that its still a good sight.(I basically stick to the SA forum over there).One thing is for sure they are fanatics when it comes to water changes and tank sizes.
You are right when you say alot of the longer running members frequent less and less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.