The Planted Tank Forum banner

Duck Weed INVASION!!! QUACK!!!

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Mojo028 
#1 · (Edited)

I find myself removing nets full of this stuff every week. Its unreal. Does it suck up all my ferts ya think?
:alien:

#12 ·
I got a little in with some of the plants I bought (probably the frogbit, but not certain).

Didn't really become noticeable until about 2 months in, and then it was ridiculous.

I've found that using a container to skim off the surface (trying to remove surface biofilm) worked really well. I'm sure I've got a couple tiny ones hanging out waiting to multiply, but it was easy enough for me to remove most of the noticeable stuff.

#14 ·
I've found that using a container to skim off the surface (trying to remove surface biofilm) worked really well. I'm sure I've got a couple tiny ones hanging out waiting to multiply, but it was easy enough for me to remove most of the noticeable stuff.

Maybe its because I do a 40% water change every 5-7 days but I dont have much of a film on the top of the water, fortunately

#16 ·
Throw in some silver dollars :) They'll eat them up in no time. But yeah, duckweed is annoying.. especially when they are accidentally introduced in shrimp tanks and you have some shrimp hanging on the duckweed beneath and you are trying to get rid of it so your plants can get some light.. and then you may accidentally net shrimplets.. Ughh. I managed to net them all out eventually though to feed my silver dollar fish.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.