The Planted Tank Forum banner

Elmo's ADA 60P ~ Tropical Blackwater Riparium ~ HD Video Update 1/29/13

63K views 316 replies 46 participants last post by  AquaAurora 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going for an Amazonian River Bank setup here....The supplies will be here within a few days, and it will be setup as soon as the Manzanita sold by PC1 shows up :icon_bigg

I got a heck of a deal on the tank...Picked it up in NYC for $100, and it came with a 2x24w T5HO Nova Extreme Fixture and flourite black sand. Although I've recently decided against using the Nova fixture (I decided to stay low light) it was a deal I couldn't pass up! Plus I could always turn it into a high tech tank later...

Here's the specs of the tank....

Tank

-ADA 60-P
-3D Rock Background

Lighting

- Marineland Double Bright LED Fixture
~12 LED's total, 600 Lumens
~Beautiful Shimmer effect
~Built in Moonlights

Filtration

-RENA XP2

Stand

-Wood
-Open Style
-Custom LED Accent Lighting

Substrate

-Leslie's Brand Pool Filter Sand

Driftwood

-Manzanita from PC1 here in the Swap and Shop section

Plants, if any, and fauna are still up in the air at the moment, but the specs will be updated when I decide what I want...I don't have any real pics yet as I'm still waiting for supplies and don't want to give away too much, so this will have to hold you over until then :icon_smil

0338 ~ New ADA Aquarium

This will be my second aquarium setup in the house at the moment. In case you haven't seen it, the link to my 40B is in my signature below...

Stay tuned for updates!

See less See more
#14 ·
Damn, those does look nice. I hope you are getting the one that I think you're getting. Lol.

Thanks for the info. I'm not doing it just yet so you're good. Maybe in 2-3months time perhaps. I want to see your first.

Subscribe

#17 ·
For some reason, I was thinking the background was made of foam. Apparently after checking, its not....I'm not sure how much depth it has, but if it has even a small amount, I'll definitely be making caves! I'd say I'd make a small tunnel system, but then I would NEVER NEVER NEVER be able to get all the fish out if needed lol....so if possible, I'll stick to caves....

This just got more exciting lol, caves = awesome!

EDIT: It appears to be flat on the back....I could still make caves by placing the background farther from the back of the tank, but I don't think I will since I'm already tight on tank depth (only 12" of depth)

#24 ·
It's Coming

0600 ~ Launch is Imminent by Hyer Expectations Photography, on Flickr

Full launch is now completely dependent on when I receive my driftwood. I finally received all the other supplies today. Background has been installed, sand is in, light is good to go, filter is setup and ready for water. Just have to go to Home Depot tomorrow for a final few pieces, and then wait for the driftwood. Spent all day setting everything up and getting the aquarium perfectly level, which is especially important with rimless aquariums since you see the water line everywhere and at all times.

After I get the driftwood setup, I may add a few plants depending on how it looks. Probably just a limited few anubias and some duckweed.

#25 ·
This is a fine, nerdy point, but from my ****** experience with Spanish the word costa generally refers to an ocean coast and might sound funny in reference to a river shore.

I might be wrong though. Maybe somewhere they do use that word like that.

I remember the word orilla as pretty standard meaning for "riverbank".

#27 ·
If you want the best translation you should see if you can get some input from a native Spanish speaker.

Of course, almost all of the length of the river is in Brazil--maybe the headwaters are in Colombia or Peru??--where they speak Portugese. I can't help at all with Portugese.

#41 ·
Thanks! I like it a lot...

That's a clean install. I like the light setup and the background. How thick is that 3d background?

Only way to get your tank even cleaner is lily pipes.

No wonder the video took so long..you were doing some post production editing.
Thanks, I went to great lengths to make sure the filter inlet and outlet tubing was symmetrical to give it that clean look lol....

At it's thickest, the background is an inch and a quarter deep....

And I plan to order a set of knockoff lily pipes from Ebay, but figured I better show you guys a video or something now before you all explode lol...

And yeah, I was trying a new video editing software. Ended up not really knowing how to use it, making it take even longer lol...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.