Benji's ADA 60-P V1 - Taken Down

39K views 281 replies 40 participants last post by  Bserve 
#1 · (Edited)
Taken down 3/8/14

Specs:

Tank: ADA 60-P

Filter: 2x Fluval Aquaclear 50

Light: 24"-36" Marineland Reef Capable LED

Substrate: ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Normal, ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Powder, Petco sand

Plants: Anubias Nana, Bolbitis, Narrow Leaf Java Fern, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Xmas moss, Flame moss, Subwassertang, Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, Micranthum Umbrosium "Monte Carlo", hemianthus callitrichoides, Dwarf Hairgrass, Blyxa Japonica, Downoi

Hardscape: Seiryu Stones, ADA Branch Wood

CO2: Pressurized Paintball CO2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last FTS:

The FTS of where all the feedback from others starts:

See less See more
#227 ·
Decided no Mini-M, I'd rather get 20 EMBER TETRAS! Lol, and maybe an ADA style co2 bubble counter, drop checker, and fish feeder. A very generous TPT member is sending me a GLA Atomic diffuser, so that fixes my diffuser problem. I have to get a light timer, too, because I'm going away on Sunday for almost a week!

Sent from my BRAIN

#229 ·
I cleaned it up a bit:

Please ignore the floating Vals.

Also: I am considering moving all my stem plants in the back to my grow-out 10 gallon and replacing all of them with rotala butterfly. Except the narrow leaf ludwigia, that would go to the left of the wood behind the rocks.

This would all be rotala butterfly (the plant in the top right):

PS I am getting my fish soon, just debating which. I want a large school, so suggestions help!

Sent from my BRAIN

#233 ·
What wrong with the bubble counter? The tubing is too small right? If you have silicone tubing, you can try heating it a bit and sliding it in. Don't heat it too much though, it will burn really fast.

If your tubing doesn't bend easily, then you don't have silicone in which case, don't heat that up.

What mm is that bubble counter? I never seen that brand before, but it looks pretty nice. How much was that?

Tank' looking better with each update, keep it up bro.

#234 ·
High Tech ADA 60-P : Island Edges : Partial Rescape 12-19-13

Yeah that's the problem. The funny thing is, it came with a J-glass that has a receded area to slip the tube on and that does fit. I could try heating the tube, but I dunno what kind of tubing it is, my dad works at a hospital so it's from there and they use it for oxygen so it may or may not be silicone. The brand is Mr. Aqua, and I believe it is just a different branding than Do! Aqua/NAG. I got it for $15, but it's normally $17. I also tried your planting method for the HC, so far so good!

Sent from my BRAIN

#239 ·
It's sturdy enough, it can support well over a full tank's weight. And I plan on adding further support to keep it from getting knocked off. Really the only other place is in the windowsill, so the choice is obvious (there is no room behind, under, and beside the tank).

Sent from my BRAIN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.