Benji's ADA 60-P V1 - Taken Down

39K views 281 replies 40 participants last post by  Bserve 
#1 · (Edited)
Taken down 3/8/14

Specs:

Tank: ADA 60-P

Filter: 2x Fluval Aquaclear 50

Light: 24"-36" Marineland Reef Capable LED

Substrate: ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Normal, ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Powder, Petco sand

Plants: Anubias Nana, Bolbitis, Narrow Leaf Java Fern, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Xmas moss, Flame moss, Subwassertang, Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, Micranthum Umbrosium "Monte Carlo", hemianthus callitrichoides, Dwarf Hairgrass, Blyxa Japonica, Downoi

Hardscape: Seiryu Stones, ADA Branch Wood

CO2: Pressurized Paintball CO2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last FTS:

The FTS of where all the feedback from others starts:

See less See more
#143 ·
I really hate my classmates. They are always disliking my videos and teasing me at school about them. I don't understand why they don't realize that this is an expensive hobby and a lot of the money I use to buy plants and such is coming from profits off YouTube. They're always like, "Your fish tank videos are so lame, get a life!" and it's so annoying that they are stomping on my pride, my love, and my joy just to make me feel bad to no other result. Whatever, at least I'm making my stand tomorrow and yesterday I went here:

#145 ·
HS lasts for another 4 years tho...
But I'm very excited though because I'm headed up to the hardware store early in the morning so I can pick up the lumber for the stand. It's gonna be pretty fancy!
Also congrats to my dad on completing his half marathon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#153 ·
Nice new stuff!

It sucks that your friends don't like the same stuff. Find more friends?

Hang in there. It sucks now but it's only temporary.

I bought my friend a cube for his bday and now he's all into it too. He did have a slight interest though he just needed a little nudge in the right direction.

#154 ·
Nice new stuff!

It sucks that your friends don't like the same stuff. Find more friends?
Next year the grade limit quadruples so there will be more friends:)

I bought my friend a cube for his bday and now he's all into it too. He did have a slight interest though he just needed a little nudge in the right direction.
I want a cube for my birthday (or a mini m would be preferable :p)!

#161 ·
Holy crap! I come home today from a day with my buddies and I go and look in my tank to see that my dad bought me 7 otos! Apparently none of the stores had Amano shrimp so he bought 2 extra otos instead! I'm surprised at how fat they are, must have been hungry ;)

Well, I did say I had a massive diatom outbreak!
In other news, my downoi is growing, my wood plants are rooting, and my HC and Hydrocoytle are rooted and are sending legit runners :D

#163 ·
Thanks! The back of the tank is like collectoritis so I always could use MOAR plants :D

The "cleanup crew" is working really well, a lot of the diatoms are going away at a faster rate than growing, and my HC is sending out runners. Also my H. Pinf. is starting to transition back to emersed at the top.

I definitely think the Green Brighty step 2 is working- my reddish plants are actually growing RED and my green plants are becoming a greener green.

Hopefully sometime around Thanksgiving I can install the new stand; this weekend is my Bar Mitzvah so I won't be able to do much.

#165 ·
Can't wait to get a nice living room tank. Only going to be another 10 years until that happens ☺

You have the same tank in my living room:proud:. My house is very tiny though haha. Can't wait to afford a home with a living room and family room but that will be in another 10 years, assuming I stay in the Bay Area/LA area haha.

#175 ·
No Black Friday deals at my LFS; it's the sister store of AFA in San Fransisco. Canister sounds good, but the prices in-store are expensive :( I'll probably get the Eheim 2215 or the Fuval 306, an inline heater and either evilbay or acrylic lily pipes.

Or should I drop a few $$$ on a Fluval G3? :D

I have paintball CO2 with a nano regulator, so I may get a better regulator with a solenoid and get the CO2 glassware from NAG.

In other news, I am picking up my Canon 70D today at Best Buy's sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.