The Planted Tank Forum banner

Stocking a 180G tank - where to buy?

627 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  imcmaster 
#1 ·
The tank is finally ready for planting (substrate down, CO2 ready, lights, good circulation, temp control, etc).
I have read about the importance of planting heavy from day one. So how do I go about acquiring several interesting low/medium (perhaps some high) tech type plants in one purchase?
My LFS (Big als Newmarket, Ontario, Canada) has limited supplies of plants. I'd like to acquire from members/sponsors, etc, or online who sell to Ontario.
Can anyone share their experience on how they initially acquired the variety? What would guarantee the best quality of supply?

#3 ·
Plants are not expensive to ship across the boarder, but the time constraints and weather are a big factor. Going across the boarder takes a long time in some cases.

See if you can find a well established member in the for sale section that would be willing to work with you on shipping across the boarder. That or start looking for slightly longer drives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.