The Planted Tank Forum banner

Who sells the best snow white goldens?

4K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  Soothing Shrimp 
#1 ·
Anyone have a recommendation about who sells the best snow white goldens? I'm really fascinated by them. I know- weird right? :eek:

#7 ·
The other thing you may want to think of is you may need more mature stock than juvies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but goldens all look the same until they begin to age. I know when I got my goldens they were snow white because they were juvies. As they aged they became 'golden'. So I would guess if want to be absolutely SURE they are snow whites you'd have to wait until they are subadults at least to know for sure.

#9 ·
I have had a CBS SSS breeding project going for awhile now and have been getting tons of goldens out of it lately and the funny thing is the SSS came from my large tank of CBS and I have never had a golden come out of the large tank but once I started pulling the SSS out of the large tank and moved them to a smaller breeding tank I started getting goldens not sure why lol.

#27 ·
I don't actually think that's a Snow White. It looks like a hyper culled CRS. It has the remnants of red headgear to me. Then again I'm no expert lol.

Snow Whites to my knowledge have black eyes always.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.