The Planted Tank Forum banner

killa finns 34g cube

4K views 31 replies 6 participants last post by  killa finn 
#1 ·
This will be my first planted tank,so far I have a current usa 34g cube. I have just finished building my stand. Its 3/4 oak plywood doubled up so all 3 sides are 1.5 in.

See less See more
#27 ·
02/2016, after clean up but everything hasn't settled yet. Want to do some new planting. Substrate is eco complete and I do not have cO2. Any suggestions or thoughts? I would like to have DHG cover the bottom!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Attachments

#28 ·
Would anybody believe that my tank is still going?
Apex controller died a few years ago,heater died shortly after. replaced the heater and a different temp controller. About a year ago one angle died and a few months ago the other died. I am updating/adding to my bio media, updating the light, and going to get a few more angles. substrate and drift wood all still the same. Should have some updated pics this weekend!!!

#29 ·
I recently updated to the Current USA +pro light, and had some drift wood rotting away that I needed to get rid of. Everything cleaned up pretty good but after removing the wood i found all my fish had ick. I've been treating that for a week now, all the spot gone on the fish. I have java fern and a small wisteria, that was started out of water. I want to put spiral vals in the back, any suggestions on some smaller plants for the front that will do well in eco compleate substrate in a low tech tank?
The pics are night time, I like the way you can customize the current light!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Update
Added Jardli stainless lily pipes, moved heater and heater controler in the stand. Removed towel rack off the door and made some oak bottle holders. Planted 3 corkscrew vals, crypt wendtii red, and dwarf sag. Got the plants from H2O plants, everything came with strong roots and still alive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.