The Planted Tank Forum banner

My Shrimp Room **under construction**

18K views 119 replies 43 participants last post by  ch3fb0yrdee 
#1 ·
I know some are wondering what I've been up to. Here's a sneak peak at what I've been playing with and getting my brand new setups ready for my next import. More to come soon.

See less See more
#24 ·
Please no sales related questions on here. You're more than welcome to shoot me a PM. :)

The bottom tanks are high enough to still siphon, no faucet vac required but that's an option yes.

I am doing 50% daily water changes for the next few weeks until my tanks are all cycled. After that point, it'll go to 50% once every other week or once a month. As the tank ages more, the less water changes needed in my experience.

#30 ·
You folks are all pros at keeping shrimp by now. You don't need videos :icon_cool. I'll see what I can do in the future :)

Man I tried sponges, that bubbling sounds just kills me..... I like the setup! Glad to see it is coming along
I can sleep right through that bubbling sound :). Plus this room is separated from every other room in my house.

It's good to hear from you "again", Nick.

Can't wait for you to fill them up with critters ... :hihi:
:thumbsup:

next sfbaaps meeting at your place lol?
lol I don't live in the Bay Area anymore. Sorry buddy.

#27 ·
Same here.

I have only 1 for my PRL, and I got really sick of it.

The good thing about it, is the large surface area the sponge covers.

The babies shrimps love to stay and munch on it days and nights, just like babies love to suck on pacifiers.

Once they leave them behind, they become juvies already ... :)

#36 ·
Amen lol

Thinking of getting shelves myself. Are you using the particle board that comes in the box or did you upgrade to something (plywood)?

Sent from my IPad using magic
I'm using whatever I can find in the backyard ;). I bought some extra plywood cut to size and laminated them with contact paper. Helps seal the wood.

Lol. I know where Nick lives. Pretty fancy last time I saw it. Guess selling shrimps gave him enough to move WAY UP in life ;)
LOL I live in the sticks now. Nothing fancy but cows and orchards. Lots of peace and quiet so I'm good. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.