The Planted Tank Forum banner

Taiwan Bee Tank

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  aweeby 
#1 ·
After a few years in the hobby, I finally got some Taiwan Bee Hybrids (thanks to a very generous member here!)

I started with 5 very young F1 TBS Hybrids (TBS/CRS) and as far as I know, if I can get them to breed, their offspring should be approximately 5 TBS (Black Panda/Wine Red/BKK) out of every 10 babies.

I'm not sure what the other 5 will be (would they just be regular CRS?)

Anyways, have to get them to adulthood first. Of the 5, one of the smallest babies died within a few days after I got them. The other four have been very healthy and have double in size.

The tank is a Do!Aqua Mini-L (about 8 Gallons)

At the moment I have a VERY yellow light on the tank, so the pictures look yellow. These shrimp are in fact a very bright white without any yellow on them at all. It's amazing how much brighter they are than even very high grade CRS!

Here they are:

Thanks for looking!

I'll post a FTS and hopefully some better pics with better (less yellow) light tomorrow.

See less See more
#5 ·
#9 ·
CRS can actually have some really REALLY bold, solid white. It depends on the quality. If you have a look at my other thread here, you will see some of my high quality Pure Bloodline (PBL) shrimps.

They look as nice as TBS, but they're rare, and IF you can find some, they're going to be very expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.