The Planted Tank Forum banner

Help Algae Attack!!!!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  @marko@ 
#1 ·
Darn ok I thought everything was going great, my tank is a 20 high with the following fish:
~2 bolivian rams
~3 walking/hummingbird tetras
~5 five lined barbs

I have swords, rotala indica, red ludwigia, microsword and some others, with 2.4 wpg of light, CO2, eco complete substrate topped with black gravel and I dose with flourish excel daily and potassium/iron 3 times a week. And yet I have an ugly algae that's brown but it looks like hair algae? It's stuck to the co2 and kinda wispy and awful. Please tell me what to do to get rid of it....:icon_cry: Oh and some diatoms too. :(

#5 ·
Doing water changes/gravel vacs can often get a minor algae problem under control, along with cleaning ALL of it out of the tank. Not doing weekly water changes of about 25% or more will usually cause algae eventually, at least it does in my tanks. Not sure if this is part of the problem but stepping up water changes usually solves any problems I have with algae.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.