The Planted Tank Forum banner

Hey guys check out my new project! 4x nano tank! UPDATE, NOW A 5X nano with saltwater

17K views 106 replies 29 participants last post by  mr2 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently just set this up and think it came out really cool! What do you guys think? suggestions on what fish/ inverts to stock?
I'm not done yet, I may add a sump or custom rig a canister filter with 4 inlets and outlets. I need a way to heat these too.... Here are stats on each tank:

Tank 1: custom mini sponge filter, amethyst crystals, anubias petite, cabomba furcata. Dosing phertz, excel and flourish.

Thank 2:Mini sponge filter, driftwood with slate foreground and rock background. Java fern, anubias petite, blyxa japonica. Dosing phertz,flourish, and excel

tank 3: this tank has a dirt bottom(mgopm) capped with sand. I'm dosing phertz, flourish and using a hagen mini elite with DIY co2 pumped in plus exel for good measure. High tech tank to pamper the staurogyne repens tropica that is dying in my 90g.

Tank 4: custom sponge filter no dosing at all, mgopm bottom, black sand cap, crystal and lava rock. Ludwiga aromatic....sp? This ones not really done yet.

Update, tanks as of 1/20

See less See more
#16 ·
Ohhhh these are awesome! I love tank 2, but the rest of them are also great. I wish I had the room for this! I'd have a different color community of shrimp in every one :)

#20 ·
It would be intense if you found rock or driftwood that 'carried' through each tank. Or if you could create some type of river that links all four. Thatd be amazing :)

From MABJ's iPhone
2G Fluval Spec ~ fauna and flora in the works!

#27 ·
New setup!

Now a 5x nano!

Unfortunately tank 1 crashed with bga after the endlers died during hurricane sandy a few weeks ago. All the shrimp made it somehow though. This is the new scape I am messing around with. I want to fill in the foreground with black sand maybe.

This one has really filled in nicely I think...

The center tank is a fluval spec that used to be my desk tank at work. I recently upgraded to a 20 long at my job and knew the perfect place for this one! I'd like to eventually make this tank saltwater with a few inverts and maybe a couple easy corals on some live rock, but realistically will probably not get to it any time soon.

High tech tank has filled in quite a bit. Added blyxa japonica to the back. You guys were right, blyxa wouldn't grow out of the substrate.

This ones kind of just thrown together but doing well and has somehow become home to a thriving colony of scuds which I can feed to the big fish in my upstairs tank as a treat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.