The Planted Tank Forum banner

CL's ADA 30-C II- Flooded Forest

102K views 536 replies 91 participants last post by  CL 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, here goes. I couldn't stand not having water in this puppy, so I cleaned it out, went and got some wood from my yard, and have done a rough- scape. I made a stand out of some cinder blocks (I guess technically concrete blocks?) that I already had and put a board on top of them. So far, I actually like the color, nice grey with the bleached looking unfinished wood. Not bad for less than $5 (assuming that I didn't have the stuff sitting around already). I just wish it had some storage :icon_roll.The light is a hampton bay light (26 or 27 watts) There will be pressurized co2 with an inline reactor. The substrate will be ADA Aquasoil. I will have some UG, anubias petite, blyxa japonica, rotala nanjenshan, ammania sp. bonsai, and ludwigia arcuata with the possibility of some limnophila aromatica and hm. An Eheim 2213 will provide filtration. I'm going to keep some otos and boraroras and maybe some snowball shrimp. Here is the tank as of now (I will probably change it before I'm done planting, and I am going to make the wood more appealing [no cuts that are straight across])

See less See more
#399 ·
I half-expect Indiana Jones to come bursting through the foliage, running from angry natives :hihi:. Looks awesome man!

#411 ·
I've never seen (or even considered) growing Bolbitis like that. Sweeping down into the tank like leaves from branches on a river bank. So cool!

Next picture, could you put up a dark background? I'd love to see how it looks like that.
Sure. It would go with the forest look better, I'm sure.
It's awesome :thumbsup:, but what the black thing floating in the top of the pic?? lol
It's the outflow from my filter. It's called a Hydor Flo. I originally got it for my reef, but it didn't need it, so I put it on this tank. It turns so that the outflow "sweeps" around the tank. It seems like after I added it, all of the plants (including the petite) started growing better and faster.

#412 ·
I put my emersed mp in here today. It's a different color because it was growing out of the water for so long, but it should darken up soon enough

As requested by UG, with a dark background (all I could find was a grey shirt :hihi:)

I should be getting 11 crs and 11 cbs by friday. I'm so excited. I've wanted these things for years and I'm finally getting some :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.