The Planted Tank Forum banner

Schuber Wright mini 66

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  ddtran46 
#1 ·
I recently bought another tank and I'd like to share the progress with you guys. I was not planning on buying a new tank anytime soon but saw this tank on amazon and fell in love with the style and lighting. I do not have everything right now but will have items coming soon. Here is my list:

Tank: Schuber Wright Mini 66 4 gallon rimless tank
Light: 2x13 6500k bulbs
Stand: Ikea Hemnes nightstand
Filtration: Bought a new Zoomed 501 but found a decent deal on a Eheim ecco 2232 locally.
Substrate: Ada Amazonia
Co2 regulator: Gla Paintball regulator(coming soon)
Fauna: Unsure atm, maybe shrimps?
Flora: hemianthus callitrichoides and maybe fissidens(if I can find any)
Stones: Ohko stones
Diffuser: Archae Ultra Mist

Ok, here are some pics. Sorry for the cell phone quality pics:

Fts(I am pretty happy with the scape):

See less See more
#3 ·
At first I was ok about it and was thinking about just replacing it with the Ada Mini S but now it's growing on me.

#5 ·
The eheim has the quick disconnects that can adjust your flow rate. I also wanted a canister filter that an be placed under the tank.

#8 ·
Thanks, Ebi

dhsanti, I say go with an eheim 2213 or a 2211. You can find it on amazon for a decent price.

#11 ·
Very nice scape. I might have some Fissidens if you want some. It'll likely have some Red Ramshorn and RCS babies in it, though. I may be able to spare some Anubias nana petite as well but I'll need to see what I have left after I set up my cubes.

#12 ·
Sorry about the late update guys, been busy with work. Got my tank up for about a week now.

dj2005 Yes I would love some if you have any to spare. Just let pm me the price.

Here are some pictures. Again, sorry for the cell phone camera quality.

#15 ·
I will be picking up some do!aqua lily pipes from my lfs later on within a week along with some clear tubing.

#18 ·
I was about to say something... :icon_bigg

Anyway, I still don't know if I'll have any spare Anubias petite/Fissidens fontanus to give to you yet (free, of course). Hopefully I'll know in a month as I'm still deciding what to do tank-wise.

By the way, did you return the Zoomed 501 or are you looking to sell it? I may be interested in purchasing it if you want to sell. And are those rili shrimp in the tank?

#21 ·
Just did a water change and took a few pics:

Does anyone know why my dwarf baby tears isnt growing out right? It grew perfectly for me before but this time it isnt growing as thick and some parts of the leaves are turning yellow. I also just placed my order on the gla 13 mm lily pipes and will take pics when it arrives.

#22 ·
What's your ferts regime? What's your photoperiod? 26w of cf should be plenty of light.

Hc color looks good in the pics. You should def trim the naughty bits that are growing vertically tho.

Hardscape is sweet btw. Ever thought of running your co2 inline? Gla sells reasonable priced ones if your springing for the lillies anyway. In that small a tank, I think that would really help with the aesthetics.

#23 ·
it looks like your h.c. is a bit 'leggy'. from my experience, it could be 1. not enough high light so that it doesn't reach for the the 'light'
2. too much nutrients in the water column so that it has no reason to look for it in the substrate
3. try trimming the leggy parts. I think for me when i had h.c. and it worked out for me, trimming them aggressively helped them to spread around with roots, faster.

that's all i can think of but my experience with h.c. is fairly limited. i've tried few times and in my definition, succeeded (sorta) once.

regardless, i really like your layout and enjoy the rock placements. i think they look great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.