The Planted Tank Forum banner

Benji's Rimless Desktop Tank: Rescaped!

7K views 38 replies 8 participants last post by  Bserve 
#1 · (Edited)
Tank: Rimless 2g Aquarium
Filter: Azoo Palm (Mignon 60)
Light: Archaea Slim LED 11"
Substrate: Petco Sand
Plants: (In the future) Anubias Nana "Micro", Narrow Leaf Java Fern, Xmas or Flame Moss, and Subwassertang
Hardscape: Seiryu Stone
CO2: None

See less See more
#6 ·
Ah, just a bit more!

You might have heard of it before, but there's a concept called the rule of thirds. It's pretty integral to high quality art, it puts the focus of an image on at least one of the "thirds" (imaginary lines through the image.

Here's a link: http://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds

To get it right, I tend to draw on my tanks with dry erase markers.

#8 ·
I'd go to the left , only because naturally our eyes read from left to right. The rock is the focal point so your eyes are drawn to that and then continue "reading" to the right , so you miss the left side of the rock.... Just my 2 cents !

#10 ·
Ha ha ! It's your tank, go with what works best for you. I think it looks great regardless, the rocks have some great detail and will be complimented even more once the plants fill.

#36 ·
Thanks, I'm trying to impress my mom with my scaping skills so I can set up a similar tank at her office, I'm trying to have it as simple yet elegant as possible.

They're boraras brigattae, but they're dis colored because of the move to the new tank.

<3 the sand though!

Thanks! I do too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.