The Planted Tank Forum banner

Could you tell me what you think about the Canon A70 camera?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  glass-gardens.com 
#1 ·
I’m thinking about getting a Canon a70 digital camera but I would like to know if anyone has had any experience/opinions about this camera. If you could tell me what you like/dislike about it that would be great. I would also like to see some pictures taken with the a70 so if you have any I would love to see them. Thanks.

#2 ·
I had a an A70 for awhile. It's a great camera for the price. Lots of manual controls and you can even add lenses too. The later of which is a rare option. What kind of pictures are you looking to take with it?

#4 ·
Jeremy,
Just a thought, look for a local store that doesn't charge re-stocking fee. Bring home the A70 and other cameras around your budget. I just did it a few months back. I brought home A70, Nikon3200, Canon SD110 and Lumix LC50. I picked the Nikon though at the end. This way at least you can compare them yourself and will not wonder whether you made a wrong choice.

#7 ·
Right now I am debating myself between A80, A70, or Nikon Coolpix 3200.

Nikon Coolpix is expensive compared to A70, but both have the same resolution (3.1 MP)

I wonder what's a good Nikon 4 MP...probably Nikon Coolpix 4200.

I wish Nikon wasn't so expensive as compared to Canon. I myself want a good camera with really good macro shots.

#8 ·
My C740 goes down to 1.3" and also has the 10X optical zoom (38-380mm 35mm equiv) with APO lens elements, I've seen it for as low as $229.00. I have had Canon and Nikon before, this one for the money is the best I've found in picture quality and features. When it's time to upgrade I'll probably go to the E series unless Canon or Nikon have something in that price range that compares well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.