The Planted Tank Forum banner

Feit Par30 LED

7K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Wizzy 
#1 ·
#3 ·
This is not true. 2300K, 3200K, 4100K, 5000K, 6500K, 7500K, 8000K, 10000K... I've grown lush plants with all of them. All you need is enough of the kind of light you are providing.

My personal preference is 4100K, smooth spectrum.

I'm not sure why this 6500K "rule" keeps being passed around. I'm guessing it's marketing.

Cheers,

#4 ·
I agree that higher kelvin would probably be better and more appealing to the eye.

This is not true. 2300K, 3200K, 4100K, 5000K, 6500K, 7500K, 8000K, 10000K... I've grown lush plants with all of them. All you need is enough of the kind of light you are providing.

My personal preference is 4100K, smooth spectrum.

I'm not sure why this 6500K "rule" keeps being passed around. I'm guessing it's marketing.

Cheers,
I agree with you too. The light just looks very orange.

And then the real question is whether the par30 I own is enough light?

#12 · (Edited)
Just my $2.00 worth. <-- inflation, of course.
Lumens and lux are measurements that are appropriate for human eyes.
500 lumens may work really well in some situations. Add in energy savings and not having to replace the lamp every year or two, could easily make $35. a bargain.

Given my personal experience with LED lamps in our house, It's my opinion that current industry specs are not comparable or perhaps compatible with what "we" have used for incandescent and fluorescent lighting solutions.

#13 ·
#15 ·
I wanted to update...

I'm getting good growth from Caulerpa and I added some Chaeto to my pico as well and it looks pretty good so far.

I'm impressed that the bulb can grow anything lol.

I suspect that I may be able to even grow some low light corals with this thing.

If I ever take down the saltwater pico I think this could grow at least medium light plants... but then again I could be wrong >.<

If I find out anything else I'll update the thread again since I think I'll only be able to find my answers through experimentation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.