The Planted Tank Forum banner

Finnex Ray 2 for Mini M?

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Couesfanatic 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if the Finnex ray 2 16 or 12 inch will fit on a Mini M. I would prefer the 12" because it is cheaper and extendable if I want to mod it, but if I can use either it would be great.

#7 ·
I have the 12 inch fugeray on my Mini S. I have a Mini M coming in on Monday. I can let you know monday. I will be hanging mine with fishing line. It weighs next to nothing and will look a lot cleaner.

I just put this light on the mini s last week, it is pretty bright and my plants have been growing faster. It puts out a lot of light, i'd be curious to see if it would do hc. I think if you kept it low you could.

Bend some hangers to fit in the slots where the legs go, paint them silver and then hang it to the ceiling with fishing line. Thats what I'm planning on doing. I will be trying to grow E. belem hairgrass with the light, pferts, aquasoil and metricide.

#11 ·
I measured my FugeRAY 12" this morning for you. I was able slide the legs out a little ways past the body, and I could actually get them out to 14" but they seem very unstable there. I wouldn't do it. They really don't seem to be meant to work like that, and about 12.25 seemed to be the widest they'd go and still maintain ideal stability. The 14.17" width of a Mini M is a definite no go for this light unless you hang it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.