The Planted Tank Forum banner

Rainbowfish picky eating habits beginning to tick me off.

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  HD Blazingwolf 
#1 ·
I have 8 rainbows. I try feeding them spirulina flakes, reg flake food, and frozen blood worms and mysis shrimp. They pretty much take them in their mouths and spit it out. They barely eat any of it. I buy decent quality foods too like Hikari, Ocean Nutrition, and Omega One. Any advice? The fish will attack the food vigorously, but just spit it right back out. I have another tank with just Swordtails and they devour the same food like Pirahnas.

#8 ·
Give glass worms (aka. Mosquito larva) its one of there natural foods. I fast my bows each Sunday and by Monday night I think they are going to jump out of the tank and into the container to get the food

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

#10 ·
Yeah, I should mention I have three Red Rainbows, 2 Turqoise, and 3 Kamaka's. The Red Rainbows especially have grown a lot since I bought them. The others look healthy. I will try fasting them for a day or two, if that doesnt work I will try a different food. I've seen the Hikari Micro Pellets, maybe I will give them a shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.